This is one of the most common questions I am asked. A non-immigrant multiple entry visa issued by a Thai consulate outside of Thailand means that for the duration of the one year visa you must cross a border every 90 days. The most common way is to go on a Cambodian visa run which will automatically give you a further 90 days. this must not be confused with a one year extension visa which was awarded to you by a Thai Immigration Officer within Thailand, i.e. with a retirement visa or business visa you can report to an Immigration office every 90 days.