Irish Nationals Marriage in Thailand.
At Key Visa Company we have successfully helped numerous clients through the marriage process with our hassle free service that they don’t have to run around Bangkok alone and we have it all completed in an orderly and professional way.
Unfortunately when an Irish National wishes to marry a Thai citizen it is not as easy as most Countries in the respect the time it takes to complete the documents and the process that has to be taken to get it correct.
The time constraints are due to the Irish only having a Consulate in Bangkok and the major Embassy being based in Malaysia meaning that the Honoree Consul Mr. Gary Biesly is not based in Thailand and you have to visit the consulate in Bangkok at a designated time and date when the honoree consul is available.
In order to obtain the Irish affirmation to marry you have to supply financial documents via a scanned e-mail so the Irish consulate officials can see that you can support your future wife before they will allow your freedom to marry to be signed.
What documents will the consul wish to see?
- Financial documents showing that you can support your future wife
- Proof that you have been paying income tax - a P60 from your employer is ideal proof
- If you have been married or widowed before they will need to see the original divorce or death certificate
- Your original passport
How long does it take to get completed?
- You must get the documents in order and expect to wait a minimum of 4 to 6 weeks for an appointment to sign your affirmation to marry.
- After this document is signed, Key Visa can swiftly finish the legal marriage in 2 days depending on holidays.
- The Irish Citizen must be in Thailand to sign the document so you have to plan your holiday and signing the affirmation to coincide.
How can Key Visa help?
Obtaining a marriage certificate in Thailand is hard work. Let us do it for you. Why should you spend your precious engagement time dragging around Bangkok having documents certified by the Thai Government? We make it a simple.
We hate to see so many relationships at loggerheads because of the frustration of getting paperwork organized, and it’s so easy to get frustrated when you don’t know all that’s involved.
When you legally marry in Thailand it is recognized all over the world. Some foreigners mistakenly believe that a Thai marriage is only legal in Thailand – that is just not the case. After the marriage is completed we also translate and certify the documents into the English language so there is no confusion and you have copies to take home.
Irish Marriage Service Details & Costs
- When you contact us we will firstly advise you the Irish sponsor of the financial documents required.
- We then complete your affirmation to marry online this is a document which means the foreigner is free to marry.
- We scan and e-mail the relevant documents to the Irish Consul and await their permission to move forward or amend the documents.
- The Irish Consulate will then e-mail us with an appointment date and time to sign the affirmation for marriage.
- Please be aware- This can be anything from 4-6 weeks waiting time.
- We then take the Irish Citizen to the Irish Consulate in Bangkok who will bear witness to your signature.
- On the same day Key Visa staff, not you, get the document translated toand get it stamped by the Ministry Of Foreign Affairs, certifying the document's legitimacy.
- We then take you to the registry office in Bangkok and complete the legalmarriage and we endeavor to finish in one day were possible.
- After the marriage we translate the marriage certificate into English and have the translation certified. From start to finish the whole process is hassle free for you both. Single in the morning and married in the afternoon.