Don’t worry this is a common occurrence, take your documents to the immigration office and apply as you normally would they will issue you with the retirement visa but it will only run to the finish date of your passport, the Immigration officer will write underneath your new visa stamp the date that your retirement visa should finish so when you have your new passport, take the old and the new passport to the Immigration Office and they will transfer your stamps and give you the full year in your new passport.