Who get’s 30 days on a land border crossing? this is a very common question asked at Key Visa on a daily basis or during my weekly information desk at the Pattaya Expats Club meetings.

The answer is simple from 2 months ago only countries from the G7 including Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, the United Kingdom and the United States which are noted to be the wealthiest Countries in the World when they cross a land border and re enter Thailand they will receive 30 days were most Countries only receive 15 days which has been the Immigration rule for 5 years.

This is the case if you come in to Thailand on a free VOA visa on arrival at the airport giving 30 days, if you wish to stay longer then border hopping is the cheapest option and if you are a G7 Country you will get 30 days more.

It must now be noted that a limit has been put on how many border crossings you can do consecutively which is now set at 4 land crossings so if you require more you have to leave to a neighboring Country like Laos to obtain a longer tourist visa e.g. 60 day tourist visa.

For more info contact [email protected]