Required documents for babies British passport for the first time in Thailand is a question we are asked almost daily. With many foreigners in Thailand having Thai wives and Thai partners the demand for babies first British passports have increased but it not always clear which documents are required and how to supply them.

The documents are listed below but your must always remember to have the Thai documents translated in to English and make sure the name of your child is spelt correctly on the translation. When you have all the asociated documents you will then copy all the documents in color making sure you also copy the translations in color so you have all the originals, a full set of color copies every piece of paper and original translations including color copies of the translations.

More information on the procedure can be found on this website under services

Documents needed for a UK babies passport and birth certificate  

Father  Originals please  

  • Passport
  • Birth certificate “must be long certificate with mum and dads name on”

Mother Originals please  

  • Passport “If have”
  • Identification card
  • Household book “tabien baan”
  • Birth certificate
  • If married original marriage certificate
  • Change of name certificate
  • Divorce certificate

Baby Originals please   

  • Thai birth certificate
  • Household registration
  • Passport photographs x 2 “must be white background”

thai-wife-visaAll must be originals not just copies!!!!!!!!!!!