If you are a Thai national and you wish to settle permanently in the UK or Australia, you must get a visa before you travel. This type of visa is commonly known as a fiancée visa or a marriage visa a fiancée visa means that your intention is to marry in your own country with your Thai partner and a marriage visa means you are already married in Thailand.