UK Settlement Visa and Marriage Package for a Thai
One of the most common request we at Key Visa Company entertain is to help our British clients with their marriage and UK settlement visa package. We offer this as a full, start-to-finish service. The Key Visa staff is with you every step of the way, from getting you and your Thai wife legally married to applying for the UK settlement visa that will allow your new bride to live and reside with you in the UK so that you can live happily as husband and wife.
Key Visa Company’s role in this service is to help you and your Thai wife through the process of going from fiancees living apart to husband and wife living together in as hassle free and quick a way as possible. When you decide to accept our assistance, you will be glad that you did. All we have done for you will be apparent when you talk to others who have tried to go it alone and made small, costly mistakes with the necessary documents.
A UK settlement visa is the visa that allows you to live in the UK with your Thai partner as man and wife. The foremost criteria for this visa is that you have been legally married in Thailand. The settlement visa is a 2 year and 9 months visa which can be extended while still in the UK, by the UK border agency, without your Thai wife having to return to Thailand. Your wife is allowed to return to Thailand for holiday purposes and to visit family, as the visa is for multiple entries.
A UK Settlement visa allows your Thai wife to work legally, obtain a National Insurance number, be eligible for free National health care, sign on with your local doctor and do pretty much all the same things as an English wife. Your Thai wife cannot, however, claim benefits which is actually stated on the visa as, “no recourse to any public funds.” So as the UK sponsor, your job is to financially take care of your Thai wife for the duration of your lives together in the UK.
UK Settlement visas do cement your relationship and allow you to build your lives together in the UK without the fear of looking over your shoulder for the immigration police. To obtain a UK Settlement visa there is a financial criteria which we have detailed on another section. These rules were introduced in July 2012 and are designed to prove to the British government that you can provide for your wife financially. This includes being employed, or self employed, or living on pensions – but it mainly comes down to being able to prove that you are earning 18,600 UK pounds before taxes, the income threshold set by the British Government. The income threshold is the biggest burden most people face with relation to this particular visa.
To obtain a UK Settlement visa we always advise getting professional help and at Key Visa we are specialists with the documentation and the presentation of the visa application. The application is done in two stages; the first being the online visa application and then the financial application which we call the separate financial appendix. One mistake and you lose the application and the embassy fee, so let us take the stress away and process the UK Settlement visa for you.
Below we have given details of our service and costings for the UK Marriage and Settlement visa application package which is very well known by our friends and clients. You can view clients in our gallery or on www.facebook.com/keyvisathailand
Our service offered for a UK Settlement visa for your Thai partner
- We first start by advising the sponsor and the Thai applicant of the documents required on the telephone or by e-mail or fax making sure that both parties fully understand all the requirements.
- We proceed with the legal marriage service documentation which is explained in full in the section entitled "legal marriage in Thailand." Please note this service is free if you and your Thai wife proceed with the settlement visa application. If you do not wish us to help with the visa the cost is 12,000 Thai baht.
- We make sure your Thai wife has changed her passport into your surname. If this has not yet been done then we help obtain the new passport.
- We have English staff to deal with the sponsor and Thai staff to deal with the partner, which is important to make sure that document supplied are correct and complete.
- When the documents are received we collate and do the translations that are needed.
- We advise any documents are missing or if there is anything that needs amending and work with the client until the documents are correct.
- We book your Thai wife's tuberculosis x-ray appointment and then take her for the x-ray.
- We accurately prepare the online application and pay the online visa fee.
- We write all associated letters for you and your Thai partner to ensure the necessary wording.
- We book the appointment to submit the visa application with your Thai partner in Bangkok and make sure your Thai wife is word perfect.
- We make sure that your Thai partner says the correct information to the officers, which is important when submitting the visa application, as they submit a report.
- We then get an application tracking number and check the status of the application every day until the decision has been made.
- When the decision has been made we collect the application, passport and UK visa on behalf of your Thai wife from the UK visa application center in Bangkok. She never has to leave Pattaya.
- We advise you when the visa has been issued and the start date so you can prepare flights for your wife which, for a settlement visa, can be a one way flight to the UK.
- We train your lady also how to speak correctly and say the correct information to the Immigration in the UK when she lands and what documents she must take to the UK with her for their future life in the UK.
When the visa has been awarded the documents and passport can be collected at our office, or we can post them to your Thai wife’s home if they so wish. This will prevent any unwanted travel to Pattaya.
For a UK Settlement visa our total fee for this all-inclusive service is 95,000 Thai baht. Included in our fees are all costs incurred during the visa application process including the embassy fee, translations, IOM medical, etc., but not the new A1 test. The reasons for this are detailed below. It also includes the legal marriage service for free
Our company policy is to only charge a 5,000 baht deposit to start the process and then charge the remaining balance only after the visa has been awarded. There is no financial risk to you or your partner, just as stated on our home page. When the visa has been awarded you pay the 90,000 baht remaining balance. So for us No visa, No pay and we take the financial risk.
Unfortunately due to changes in Government procedure the standard A1 test has now been changed to the KET A1 test and has become increasingly more difficult and demands a fair knowledge of the English language.
The test is run by a company called Vantage Siam in Bangkok www.vantage-siam.com/bulats.php. their job is to do the testing for the Cambridge University.
They have now introduced a 3 day course which can be done before the test is taken which we advise all clients to attend and the cost of this 3 day course is now 8,000 Thai baht and the test itself is 7,000 Thai baht, totaling 15,000 baht.
My staff try to get 3-4 clients at the same time to do the test together and put them in touch with each other so accommodation is cheap when staying together in Bangkok and they help each other learn.
My staff still book the appointment for the test with Vantage Siam and give all indications on what must be done but like all visa agents now we take no responsibility for the test as it is beyond our teaching we can still do all the arranging.
The first time we sent clients when the test first came to fruition 1 out of 6 past the test so I lost all the money as the other clients would not pay for the 3 day course or test, so now they have to pay for all.
Hope you understand our position