UK Settlement Visa for Thai Spouse
One of the most common visa applications we deal with at Key Visa Company is to help our British clients with their UK settlement visa. We offer this as a full, start-to-finish service. The Key Visa team is with you every step of the way, From getting you and your Thai partner legally married if you’re not married already to applying for the visa that will allow your new bride to live and reside with you in the UK so that you can live happily as husband and wife.
Key Visa Company’s role in this service is to help you and your Thai wife through the process of going from fiancées living apart to husband and wife living together in a hassle free and quickest way possible. When you decide to accept our assistance, you will be glad that you did. All we have done for you will be apparent when you talk to others who have tried to go it alone and made small, costly mistakes with the necessary documents or misunderstood the financial requirements.
Why use Key Visa Company?
- Hassle free and a professional service
- No visa no professional fee to pay
- Tuberculosis x-ray booked and organized
- All documentation completed in a professional manner
- English and Thai staff to help you through the process
- Get your life in the UK off to the right start
What is a UK Settlement Visa?
A UK settlement visa allows you to live in the UK with your Thai partner as man and wife. The foremost criteria for this visa is that you have been legally married in Thailand.
When the settlement visa is awarded to your Thai wife it is a 2 year and 9 month visa which can be extended while still in the UK at the UKVI, without your wife having to return to Thailand.
The extension given after the 2 years and 9 months is normally another 2 years and 3 months making the stay up to 5 years, this is to prove you are a genuine couple and still in an ongoing relationship.
The visa allows multiple entries so that your wife can return to Thailand on holiday and to visit family.
What can your wife legally do in the UK?
A UK Settlement visa allows your Thai wife to work legally, obtain a National Insurance number, be eligible for National health care, sign on with your local doctor and do pretty much all the same things as an English wife would be able to achieve.
Your Thai wife cannot claim Government benefits including job seekers allowance which is actually stated on the visa as, “no recourse to any public funds.” So as the UK sponsor, your job is to financially take care of your Thai wife for the duration of your lives together in the UK.
Settlement visas do cement your relationship and allow you to build your lives together in the UK without the fear of looking over your shoulder for the immigration police.
Things that must be done before a UK Settlement Visa can be processed
All applicants must pass the A1 English test called the Key English Test (KET) before considering applying for the visa without the test past you cannot apply for a UK Settlement visa – please click here for details. This English proficiency test is mainly about reading, speaking, listening and writing to a basic level and there are numerous you tube mock test available on the Internet. All applicants aged 18 years and over must pass this exam.
This x-ray must be completed by all applicants including children under the age of 12 years old but there is no need to worry as part of our service the trained Key Visa staff will book the appointment and prepare the associated documents and take your Thai partner to Bangkok to undergo the x-ray and if the applicant passes which is normal then a certificate will be issued on the same day by the IOM.
To obtain a UK Settlement visa there is a financial criteria which we have detailed on another section. These rules were introduced in July 2012 and are designed to prove to the British government that you can provide for your wife or her children financially. This includes being employed, or self employed, or living on pensions or savings – but it mainly comes down to being able to prove that you are earning 18,600 UK pounds before taxes, which is the income threshold set by the British Government. The income threshold is the biggest burden most people face with relation to this particular visa which is why professional help from Key Visa Company is paramount.
UK Settlement Visa Company Service for your Thai partner
- We first start by advising the sponsor and the Thai applicant of the documents required on the telephone or by e-mail or fax making sure that both parties fully understand all the requirements.
- If you are not yet married we can organize a one day marriage service.
- We make sure your Thai wife has changed her passport into your surname. If this has not yet been done then we help obtain the new passport.
- Darren McGarry is the English speaking staff to deal with the sponsor and wehave Thai staff to deal with the partner, which is important to make sure that documents supplied to us are correct and complete.
- When the documents are received we collate and do the translations that are needed for the visa application.
- We book your Thai wife's tuberculosis x-ray appointment and then take her for the x-ray.
- We accurately prepare the online application and organize the visa application fee.
- We set up the NHS portal account for your Thai partner so the new NHS surcharge can be paid.
- We write all associated letters for you and your Thai partner to ensure the necessary wording.
- We book the appointment to submit the visa application with your Thai partner in Bangkok and make sure your Thai wife is word perfect.
- We make sure that your Thai partner says the correct information to the officers,which is important when submitting the visa application, as they submit a report.
- We then get an application tracking number and check the status of the application every day until the decision has been made.
- When the decision has been made we collect the application, passport and UKvisa on behalf of your Thai wife from the UK visa application center in Bangkok (VFS Global).
- When the decision has been made we collect the application, passport and UK visa on behalf of your Thai wife from the UK visa application center in Bangkok (VFS Global).