It is rare but seems to be the case, for a married to a Thai national one year visa extension if you have married your Thai wife in your own country you have to get it notarized by your Embassy to obviously confirm that it is genuine and then you have to go to the Thai ministry of foreign affairs in Bangkok to get it stamped, a bit of a nuisance but the immigration need to know that your certificate is legitimate.