Australia Fiancee Visa For Thai National

Prospective marriage visa subclass 309

This visa is a 9 month visa and the term ‘fiancee visa’ is used frequently, the real name is a prospective marriage visa, it means that your intention is to marry your Thai partner in Australia within a 9 month period, she will then be given a temporary residence permit or in some cases a permanent residence permit.

During the time of the residence permit, roughly within 2 years you will be both be called for an interview to ascertain if the relationship is still viable and that the Thai applicant has never been a burden to the Australian Government in any shape or form, if everything is fine then your wife will be given a permanent residence permit. These visa types are multiple entry and allow visits to Thailand for holidays so you are not required to solely stay in Australia.

We take care of all online and paper application forms and associated letters and are completely hands-on from start to finish whilst constantly communicating to update local and overseas customers on the application progress so you can relax and leave it to us

An English owned and managed company with bilingual English / Thai staff who will help your Thai partner through the entire process with no hassle and full support from the beginning of the process right up until you receive your visa

We are a well respected company and affiliated with the Pattaya Expats club. Our team go above and beyond to offer simply the best visa service in Thailand with additional benefits not offered by any other company such as an airport concierge for solo travellers.

After you are married and your wife receives her temporary residence permit she is able to work and it will be beneficial for her to pay some kind of tax over a period of time which will make getting the permanent residence permit much easier. Getting your wife firmly established into an Australian lifestyle is very important for her welfare and her future Immigration status. Check out our articles about Life in Australia for Thais and relocating to Australia.

A fiancée visa – Provisional marriage visa to Australia would normally follow a tourist visa when the relationship has flourished and you both decide you wish to get married. Obviously the Australian Immigration authorities will be able to see that the Thai applicant has visited Australia previously and returned on time and has had the opportunity to meet your family and experience the Australian lifestyle.

A fiancée visa – Provisional marriage visa is normally applied for when the Australian sponsor has busy working commitments and cannot travel to Thailand to get married and he feels that marriage with his family will be more enjoyable in Australia. This visa can be applied for in Thailand and the sponsor does not have to be in Thailand for the application to be submitted and processed. Please check out our guide to helping your Thai wife settle in Australia

A fiancée visa or provisional marriage visa application is very difficult and should not be under estimated it is majorly difficult for the Thai applicant to complete their 90 question application form alone and because most sponsors cannot read Thai then it is nearly impossible to complete.

Included in the application is certified translations, sponsorship and intention of stay documents, police criminal checks and medicals done by accredited physicians.

To attempt a fiancée – provisional marriage or marriage visa without professional help would be a nightmare, because when the Thai applicant has finally managed to submit the documentation then they are called for a 2 hour grueling interview. Without professional interview training there are so many pitfalls because you both have no idea of the questions that may be asked and this is the main reason for a refusal that we see on a daily basis.


18 years of visa experience, honesty and integrity for both our Thai national and expat clients.


Nationwide service across Thailand, no matter where you live in the country we can solve your visa problems


No visa, no professional fee. If you don’t get the visa we don’t get paid – No hassle, no heartbreak.

Professional service offered for a provisional marriage visa

  • Work with the Thai applicant on there side of the paperwork ensuring it will be successful and accepted by the Embassy.
  • Work with the sponsor and e-mailing him the documents required and our English Immigration consultants there for guidance.
  • Translate all of the Thai applicants documents and certify in to English.
  • Complete the sponsorship and intention of stay letters.
  • Prepare all the documentation and complete the two application forms.
  • Professionally present the application ready for the clearing officers.
  • Take the applicant to Bangkok for the Police Clearance check.
  • Collect the certificate when it is ready.
  • Make the hospital appointment for the associated medicals.
  • Take the Thai applicant to an accredited doctor for the associated medicals.
  • Submit the application on behalf of the client to the Embassy in Bangkok.
  • Airport Concierge for solo travellers (extra charges apply)

Our professional fee includes the following

Translations, Medical, Police Check etc. and no increase in the quoted price unless their are children included in the visa application from your wife’s previous relationships then there is an increase in the Embassy fees that will need to be paid which can be discussed.

How you start the process

You only pay a 10,000 baht deposit to start the process and then when the application is ready for submission you are asked to pay the Embassy fee which is currently 180,400 baht. So when the visa has been awarded you pay our professional fee 50,000 Thai baht remaining balance , nothing more and nothing less. No visa – no professional fee!

What we do not pay for

It must be noted that if your Thai partner has children from previous relationships they will also need body medicals even if not traveling and if they are over 15 years of age a Police check also, if the children are not traveling then the client must pay for the child’s medicals etc separate as we pay for the applicant in our fees only.

Ask us a question

    Your Name (required)

    Your Email (required)

    Phone Number


    Australian fiancee visa

    Your Message (required)

    Oi Yu
    Oi Yu
    06:39 06 Nov 23
    This is the 2nd time I have used Key Visa and the service they provide is fantastic the 1st was with Darren was just so good he told me every step of the process and what I needed to do and bring in with me he made sure I understood how and what would be the process of applying for my Visa to stay in Thailand. And with the passing of Darren his wife Ann has kept the business running which I am so grateful for as they in my opinion are the best service you can get. We have now engaged them to do a visa for my Thai partner for a visit to Australia to see and spend time with my Aussie family and see some of Australia as she so wants to see snow. Once again I thank you Ann and all her staff for their help and support
    Michael Murray
    Michael Murray
    08:53 15 Jul 23
    We have been trying for a long time to get an Australian tourist visa for our Thai friend. We applied in the past using an Australian immigration lawyer based in Australia and the application (which was expensive and time consuming) was rejected for lack of evidence (intention to return to Thailand etc). Second time round we used Gemma from Key Visa and were successful. Unlike our first agent/lawyer, Gemma examined our evidence in detail and gave suggestions as to where it could be improved. It's clearly beneficial to use an agent who is familiar with this specific visa stream (ie someone in Thailand familiar with getting Thai people into Australia) and the "no win, no professional fee" clearly incentivizes them to help as much as possible. As always in Thailand the service is not perfect and there are some communication gaps etc, but we are very happy with the outcome and would recommend these guys 100%.
    berny parker
    berny parker
    06:23 20 Oct 22
    Australian friend having problems with thai wife spouse visa, agency are being very helpful with a excellent customer service