The UK Visa Application Centre in Thailand has moved to
Trendy Office Building, 28th Floor, Sukhumvit Road Soi 13, Klongtoey Nua Wattana, Bangkok, 10110, Thailand From 31 March 2014
UK Passport Renewal in Thailand – Darren McGarry & Key Visa can do it for you without going to Bangkok
There is nothing new about the British Government keeping us Brits on our toes, and so it should not have come as a surprise when they first required us to renew our UK passports from Hong Kong and then to apply to Liverpool directly.
As of the 26th of March, 2014, all British passport renewals or Thai babies’ first UK passport applications have to be made in person through their Global partners, VFS Global, located in Bangkok.
But the good news is Key Visa Thailand can take the hassle away for a service fee of only 5,000 Thai baht which includes document checking, photocopies, taking the application to Bangkok and collecting the new British passport when it is ready.
Even if you live away from Pattaya then we can still help, just send your documents to us via EMS and make the payment into our bank account. When your new passport is ready we will send it to you via EMS for just an additional 100 baht.
When should I renew my passport?
1. Never leave your passport until the last minute! Make sure you have a minimum of 9 months to one year validity left when you apply for a new passport.
2. Never wait until you have nearly run out of pages in your old passport! When you are half way through the passport order a new UK passport. Why put yourself under pressure?
Completing the application form
3. You should start by downloading the application (O) form for overseas and complete it, making sure you do not forget two major things – The British Passport application should be completed in black ink only not blue and you complete the back page of the form and have a countersignature on the form, preferably a British Citizen who knows you and has done for approximately 2 years – also make sure they countersign one of the passport photographs. The box guidelines on each page of the OS application form will explain how to fill in the form.
4. You then download the credit card form from the British Embassy website and fill it in with the correct details. Payment will be deducted from your account by the passport office in the UK at the HMPO and do not worry it is very secure. If you live in Thailand and do not have a credit or UK debit card then maybe you have a friend or family member who can assist with their card it does not not have to be in your name.
5.As part of our service Key Visa will then make an appointment via e-mail with the HMPO office located on Sukhumvit Road, Soi 13, Bangkok and we then will receive your application appointment within three days.
6.Key Visa staff will then take your application to Bangkok and submit the paperwork and bring back your old passsport and the receipt back to our office in Pattaya so the old passport is available when ever required. Only a copy is taken by the HMPO and your original passport stays in Thailand.
Documents to bring to the office – checklist
7. You must make sure you bring your original passport, do not worry we will do the colour copies.
8. You must supply both passport application forms completed in black ink, the OS application form and the credit card payment form.
9. You must supply something in English that confirms your Thailand name and address like a UK bank statement or pension statement or home rental agreement and if you only have something in Thai then we can translate it for you for 500 baht only.
10,You must supply two passport photographs size 35mm wide by 45mm high, you must not wear glasses or smile. The pictures must be taken with a white background or a light grey background and if the photographs are wrong then it will hold up the process. Check out the photo guidlines here.
Collection of your passport
Either you or Key Visa will receive a telephone call or an e-mail from the HMPO office when your passport has arrived. key Visa staff will then collect the UK passport and bring it back to Pattaya with the old one. At present it is taking 3 – 4 weeks to arrive back in Thailand.