Is it possible for my Thai girlfriend to come live with me and i can look after her until she finds a job

hello KeyVisa , i was after advice about my Thai girlfriend. We have known each other for 5 years, we first met when I was traveling around Asia and Thailand

We kept in touch ever since but have been more than friends for last 8 months. we met in London for a holiday together and have decided we want a future together.

Looking at the UK visas it seems getting married is the only real way of being together permanently, is it possible for my Thai girlfriend to come live with me and i can look after her until she finds a job?

She is looking at graphic design jobs in England from Bangkok while working in this profession. is it possible for my Thai girlfriend to come to England on a working visa before you get a job. or do you need the job first??
We will be looking to move in together in about 6-8 months once everything is sorted with money etc. im currently saving for enough money to start life together, with moving to London being the plan for us. What advice on visas would you suggest??
kind regards glen

Hi Glen, Is it not possible for your Thai girlfriend to come and live with you  in the UK until she finds a job
You will find it is not possible for your Thai girlfriend to be given a work permit to work as a graphic designer in the UK.
As you have spent time together in England and wish to move the relationship forward, you have only limited options.
If you were to marry, then it is possible for your Thai wife to live with you in the UK, as your wife and with the correct UK marriage visa she would then be able to apply for any job without needing a separate work permit.

  • You can marry in Thailand and then apply for a UK Marriage visa or
  • Apply for a UK Fiancee Visa and marry in the UK

Being married will not ensure your wife is given a visa. UK immigration has strict rules regarding non Europeans relocating to the UK.
You will have to show that without the need of government money and without your wife working, you will be able to support you and your wife, plus any other dependants you have (like children).


Follow me

Darren McGarry

I started Key Visa Thailand over 13 years ago and have helped hundreds of couples to obtain tourist and settlement visas to the UK, Australia and Ireland. I have also been the visa advisor to Pattaya City Expats Club for over 10 years and continue to help many expats obtain Thai visas year after year.
Follow me

Latest posts by Darren McGarry (see all)

Posted by Darren McGarry  |  Comments  |  in News

About Darren McGarry

CEO at Key Visa Thailand


  1. Local Payday Loans

    Express Payday Loan

  2. Payday Loans No Direct Deposit Canada

    Payday Loans South Surrey

  3. Very Nice Website

    I enjoyed reading your articles

  • Find Us

  • Location

    Our Location

    • 565/88, Moo10 , (next to BIG C South Pattaya)
    • Chonburi, 20150
    • Email :
    • Monday to Friday 9.00am to 6.00pm
  • Call Us

    Telephone from Thailand

    • Tel : 038 422 131
    • Fax : 038 412 277
    • Darren : 08100 45397

    Phone/Fax out of Thailand

    • Tel : +66 (0)3842 2131
    • Fax : +66 (0)3841 2277
    • Darren : +66 (0)8100 45397
LiveZilla Live Help